Sunday, September 05, 2010

Remembering....

With the final event over for the season, I spend a lot of time cruising the photos from the group, reliving the weekend......

Welcome to my Caerphilly August 2010 memory album (courtesy of Elisabeth and Sarah)

The main event of the weekend was the knighting of Richard Burley (aka John), seen here on his vigil in the castle tower the night before the ceremony (all nice and authentic!)

You can't be a re-enactor and not appreciate a nice fire, or the residual smell of woodsmoke :-)

There is the traditional drinks around the fire, with warm clothing and good friends......

...or fighting over stuffed toys......[chuckle]

This is me on the coin die (where we hammer coins) with my new young apprentice K (age 5, first event), waiting for the public to come back from the siege engine display (below)

The camp is so romantic when it's empty....I love seeing this kind of picture, so evocative.....

I had a bit of extra money this month, so have invested in a new wheeled holdall for next season - purple zebra stripe....so cool!!

It's gonna be a long winter........

cq

No comments: