Friday, January 13, 2012

New Toys



Yesterday my boredom at work was relieved by the delivery of a new toy.


When you teach First Aid you get great toys - and to go with my fake wounds, Resus Annie and defibrillator training unit I now have a 'Choking Charlie' :-)


Abdominal thrusts (which used to be called the Heimlich Maneuvre) are too dangerous to be practised on live humans. Previously it was taught with pictures and slow time demonstrations.


Now we have a new dummy to practice on - Choking Charlie! I am teaching First Aid Skills on Monday, and will let my class loose on poor old Charlie....


Go on, admit it - I have the coolest toys!


cq

4 comments:

Sleepypete said...

Lol - you have cool toys :-)

rashbre said...

I'm impressed he has his own tee shirt too.

Imaginography said...

He has rather a strange expression on his face. Kinda like he was chewing a wasp and then choked on it LoL :D

craziequeen said...

Pete - made you say it!
Rashbre - they always come with clothes. The dummy usually outlasts the clothing!
Pam - good, that's the look I was going for. You'll get to play with him when you do your next skills day :-)