Tuesday, December 30, 2008

16 Days of Christmas - 11th Day

(the 16 days refer to my long holiday leave)

On the 11th day of Christmas,
my chores list sent to me...
Some repairs to my tent,
Using an old pair of shoes!

Well, as I had the tent out anyway and MB is away at his parents, it seemed a perfect opportunity to have a crack at repairing the small tears and holes in the canvas. It has had a mouse hole in the roof for ages, so that was my first try, and a couple of the door ties had frayed through. I found an old pair of canvas shoes that could be cannibalised for patches. As Naomi points out (below) it is a big tent and sewing it was handful and a half. But here is my patched mouse hole.

Not too bad for someone who is still not brilliant at sewing. Now that with new waterproofing should mean my tentmate Kate should be able to sleep without her raincoat next season...

And, of course, lay anything out on our floor and it becomes an instant playground for certain people......

Also, I am working my way through my Christmas present DVDs - so far today I have watched Forbidden Kingdom (ooh, fun!), Amazing Grace (marvellous film of a true story) and Demolition Man (one of my all-time faves!). I also got Equilibrium, which I will watch another time. I also got music (Katie Melua, Seal and the Hoosiers) and books (Alan Bennett, Dawn French, some cat stories and Life in a Medieval City).

Tomorrow cyberkitten, bionicdwarf and sleepypete and me are off to see Twilight at the cinema - nothing like a vampire movie for Christmas!! :-)

cq

5 comments:

CyberKitten said...

CQ said: nothing like a vampire movie for Christmas!!

It's traditional.. it's either that or a war movie!

ribbiticus said...

happy new year, my dear! wishing you and your family good health, much happiness and prosperity for 2009!

p.s. apologies for not visiting often this year. will try to do better. ;)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I've got a few DVDs to get through as well.

MaR said...

Happy New Year, cq!!!! sending hugs from the Alps. Have fun at the cinema!!

Anonymous said...

i agree your idea ! very nice blog