Saturday, December 27, 2008

16 Days of Christmas - 8th Day

(the 16 days refer to my long holiday leave)

On the 8th day of Christmas,
my chores list sent to me...
some items to return to the store.

I was going to post something sparkling and very funny today, but as I was logging on I had the news on the TV in the background and I saw this story...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/7800663.stm

I sat with my jaw dropped as the news replayed the 911 phone call from a distraught woman, who had just seen an eight year old girl shot in the face by 'Santa' (her own father) and then 8 more members of her family shot or burned to death.

OK, so I know we're all used to seeing bad news at Christmas, life and death doesn't stop for the holiday season, and we have the usual battles around the globe but somehow, this news makes the celebrations seem hollow and the lights on my tree are a little dimmer now.

So no jokes today. Good luck and prayers to the survivors of the ultimate betrayal.

cq

2 comments:

Melli said...

Well. Yea, that story would take the wind out of your sails.... how AWFUL! There are just such SICK people in the world... it's sad. It's so sad...

And what else is sad is you being HALF WAY through your 16 days of Christmas already. Is Knee enjoying this time off?

Anonymous said...

cool blog