Sunday, January 04, 2009

16 Days of Christmas - 16th Day

(the 16 days refer to my long holiday leave)

On the 16th day of Christmas
my chores list is done...
It's the last day of my long leave
off to work tomorrow!

Well, that was a nice long leave over Christmas, mind you I am already getting stressed thinking about work tomorrow. I know I am going back to a horrendously busy time of year.

Also, we have received our medieval re-enactment event schedule for 2009 and it is a BUSY year, starting in January with workshops, battle practices through February and March (mostly for the smelly soldiers) and then running right through until August!
With a council meeting on Wednesday, I have also started to get my membership and publicity stuff ready for that.

My depression has been terrible this Christmas with regular bouts of tears, but I discovered that candlelight is very restful and eases my mind. MB calls it 'dark'.

As for the old knee, as intended I have dumped my crutches and been tottering gently about. I managed shopping and gently walking a mile or so into town - albeit with a pronounced limp by the time I got there. The pain is still there but reduced, and increases with exercise, so whatever is damaged is still damaged and I have an orthopaedic appointment on 28 January which I am hoping will solve the problem, whatever it is.

Update: I can definitely confirm the injury is still there - since William kindly stood right on it and wouldn't get off! Ouch!

cq

11 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I go back to work tomorrow too and it's been on my mind since yesterday... Where has my Christmas/New Year holiday gone?! :)

Bobkat said...

Netchick sent me to wag my finger and make sure you rest that knee! :)

I'm not liking the idea of going back to work either, though I have one more day left ;)

Anonymous said...

I worked through Christmas and New Years away from home. It wasn't ideal. I'm just glad the holidays are over!

Netchick sent me!

Unknown said...

Having navigated knee surgery CQ, be particularly careful and consider a cane temporarily. I had the benefit of electrical stimulation and ice. HAPPY NEW YEAR AND lol!!!!:)

Bilbo said...

Happy New Year...perhaps staying busy will help the depression.

Melli said...

CQ... I knOw this is a CRAZY question... but do you TAKE anything for your depression? I only ask because MY medication helps me so much... and I'm just wondering if maybe you need a different one... or an adjustment to the current one. Or one at all...

I anxiously await the 28th to hear what your orthopod has to say. Thankfully both of my knees seem to be back in cooperative mode... it only took 3 months. But yours has been waaaaaaaay longer than that... I hope he fixes you!

David Edward said...

a question, dear woman: do the smelly soldiers have a smelly sachet that they wear to simulate the stink or do they have to stop bathing to recreate the odor?

Anonymous said...

I like your blog

OldLady Of The Hills said...

WALKING INTO TOWN IS EXCERSIZE!!!!
Hello????

I'm afraid I do not understand why you would walk into town....Maybe I am dense....But....Well, No excersize means NO EXCERSIZE....at least, that is what it means here in Hollywood...LOL!
Do take good care, my dear....

I hope someone close to Bob-Kat will be "there" for her in her hour of need!

MaR said...

Hope you are feeling better, cq. Hope you are on your feet very soon!!

Le laquet said...

So, the first week back nearly over ... how's the knee holding up?