Thursday, June 29, 2006
1. His eyes. A girl could get very lost in those beautiful brown eyes. btw - did anyone else know he wears tinted contact lenses in the PotC movies because his eyes are sensitive to the sun?
2. His hair. Never the same. Never totally under control, but always.......well touchable.....
3. His principles. Always his choice of films on his terms.
4. The reason he made the first PotC movie - for his children, so they could see Daddy in a film.
5. His sense of humour. I have seen interviews with Johnny D and he has a wicked sense of humour, but subtle - you know?
6. The tattoo on his hand that few people know about because it's usually made over. 'We were sitting around talking about new tattoos and I said 'do one on me now, on this hand' my friend said what do you want, I just said 'I dunno, just........oh, just tattoo a 3 on there!'' and hey presto, JD has the tattoo of a number three on his left hand between the thumb and forefinger.
7. That tattoo was mostly covered by a grubby bandage or a carefully placed dirt smudge in PotC1.
8. He has a tattoo of his mum's name 'Betty Sue' with a heart. He is devoted to his mum, even takes her to awards and stuff!
9. His first film was Nightmare on Elm Street where he was eaten by a bed - he is inordinately proud of that accolade!
10. He resolutely refuses to be part of the Hollywood 'Machine', preferring to live in a secluded villa in France.
11. He loves to play Barbie with daughter Lily Rose - and play pirates with son Jack!
12. He has just been voted the best autograph-giver in the business!
13. He has an indefinable quality. He always appears almost touchable, tangible. Watching him on the screen, he seems to be almost within reach.....