Friday, July 23, 2010

Kidwelly Photos

Peekaboo - the camp seen from the castle walls..

'I'm always in the kitchen at parties'.......Obviously the place for the boys to hang out.....

We were gobsmacked when we arrived to find awful modern art dotted around this amazing medieval castle....this particular piece sat right in the middle of our camp.....

No words.......just medieval....... :-)
Medieval market stalls on 'campaign' - from left, spinner and dyer, rosary stall and moneyer.....(psst - that's me on the right!)
And, of course, not forgetting the soldiers - 'ye shall not pass!' Never argue with a man with a bill :-)
The view from the front door of my tent.......glorious......
cq
Photos courtesy of our Kimmie

4 comments:

Melli said...

And WHAT a view it IS! I love it! I admit I do love the brightly colored tents mixed among the cold stone walls... but I really LOVE this undisturbed view of centuries past! As for the modern ART... eh.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Excellent pictures. That artwork looks bizarre.

David Edward said...

Warning: only the Government is allowed to print fake money!

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Looks like the weather stayed nice for you. I hope you had a lovely time :)