in the north east of Scotland to visit my parents.
2. Here is where they live:
in that little clutch of houses huddling under Nigg Hill.
3. This is the view from their kitchen window:
4. Behind their house, protected from the wind and rain, is the Shandwick Stone:
5. Also, on my walk to the Stone, I met some nice creatures:
I find cows very restful........
6. And there were BABY cows!
When I pause to talk to cows, which I like to do, it's a comfort to know I am not intending to eat them.....
7. There are three villages linked along the coast, and this is kinda cute:
The 'Seaboard Villages' - it's even on the buses!
8. Oh, did I not mention the sea??:
9. And then there's the harbour:
full of teeny little fishing smacks and a couple of small trawlers.
10. The original fishermans' cottages:
still lived in and so tiny!
11. There is a very modest stylish memorial to the men who have lost their lives to the sea:
two anchors in the small municipal park.
12. And while I was there, I got the chance to go fishing.........
13. And because I stayed in the next village, each night I walked back along the beach enjoying magnificent sunsets:
There will be more, this is just a taster..... :-)