Saturday, July 01, 2006

Part 2 - Performance Review Time at the Palace


[takes long invigorating slurp of coffee]

[solemn knocking at door]

Ah, Walt. Come on in and sit yourself down.

Thank you ma’am.

It’s that time of year again, annual review of your performance.

Yes ma’am.

First of all, did you have a nice time in Los Angeles?

Yes, thank you ma’am. I have also downloaded lots of photos for you.

How nice. Our Lady spoke very highly of your services, apparently she was very pleased with your efforts.

I aim to please, ma’am

[cough] hmm – so she led me to believe. Anyway, your performance this year has been very impressive.

[colours slightly] thank you ma’am

You were positively diffident and virtually 2-dimensional before my blogparty. But with all the to-ing and fro-ing you seemed to blossom and afterwards became a new person.

Yes ma’am

Although I did notice a preference for serving my female guests, any particular reason?


Well, ma’am, Clara seemed to have the men well in hand…….

[chokes back snigger] Yes, well, since then you have served me well and also have done sterling service overseas.

Yes ma’am.

Walt?

Yes ma’am.

Did you know Clara is pregnant?

[very long pause]

No ma’am

[to be continued]

cor, this is like Days of Our Lives, isn’t it??? Who is the father? Is Clara fibbing? Is Walt lying? What am I going to do with this situation? Tune in tomorrow for the next instalment!

10 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL..Ahhhhh WAlt! (*coughing nervously*)...Well, He, I think CQ, deserves a raise in salary...Besides taking care of the usual expected things that one would expect, He surely goes that one step further when he see's the need, if you get my drift, my dear...Well Of Course, it is your "call"...I just wanted to add that my every wish was seen to and with great enthusiasm, I might add. Walt is a true treasure, my dear...

carmilevy said...

I love your writing...even though it's keeping me in extreme suspense.

No worries, though: it's a good kind of suspense.

I think Michele's been sneaking some peeks, too.

Meira{FB} said...

I am totally confused, but, intriqued.

WendyWings said...

Uhoh someone's got some explaining to do.

Crayonsetc said...

Ok, now I have to come back to read the rest ;) (and off to read the other installments!!)

Stopping by via Michele this afternoon to say Hello!!

Juliness said...

What delicious drama! I will definitely be back tomorrow. Here via Michele's.

jennypenny said...

Woah! Sounds juicy. Can't wait to hear what happens next!

Here from Michele's

Anonymous said...

Hehe Brilliant. Looking forward to reading more!

Here from Michele's :)

Jennifer said...

cq... i dont think it was him... i'm almost 100% sure he's not the father..... he wouldn't jeopardize his job as well as hers... he knows that he cannot do something like that and risk getting himself and clara fired... he knows he cannot leave you high and dry for a particular party that you might have to blog about in the near future... trust me, it's not him.

Tracie Nall said...

I was at that party, and I don't want to name any names, but Walt--he has some explaining to do!