I saw this on my sweet Missee Bug's blog and blatantly stole it.......not that England had High Schools in my day....
1. Did you date someone from your high school?
Unlikely! I went to an all-girl grammar school - we dated the boys from the boys' grammar! Those girls who were cool enough to date, of course!
2. Did you marry someone from your high school?
No, I'm not that way inclined (see Q1)
3. Did you car pool to School?
I don't think we knew what a car pool was in 70's Britain - I cycled 3 miles to and from school every day. Of course, being a teen girl, I dreamt of horse-riding it!
4. What kind of car did you have?
[rotflmao] we didn't have cars! We couldn't get our licence until 17. The first girl with a car was Samantha in my 6th form, her dad bought her a Honda Civic.
5. It is Friday night then; where are you?
6. It is Friday night now, where are you?
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
Job? We didn't have jobs - too busy having fun.........yeah right!
9. Were you a party animal?
I had a curfew - so that would probably be 'no'.
10. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
Choir. I remember how hard 'The Boxer' was to sing in harmony. I was learning the viola, but never got into the orchestra. Boring instrument, the viola.
11. Were you a nerd?
Nah, I was more Sherry or Terry than Martin Prince.
12. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Nope - but my brother did! But then he was always in trouble - I was too scared to cause trouble. I just ran away from school a lot.
13. Can you sing the school song?
Can't remember it, let alone sing it!
14. Who was your favorite teacher?
Mrs Rangeley, my English mistress and house mistress. She was SO sweet.
15. Where did you sit during lunch?
Alone. I have always been tall and when I was in the First Form (somewhere around 6th grade?) I was mistaken for a sixth former (senior) and sent back to have a late lunch with them.
16. When did you graduate?
Er- technically, I didn't. Tech-ni-cally the school and I agreed to part company on bad terms in 1982.
17. What was your school mascot?
I don't think we had one. We played hockey and netball and swam - the Brits didn't do mascots in those days.
18. If you could go back and do it again - what would you do?
Good god no!! I hated school. Misery!
19. Did you go to the Prom?
My initial respoonse would have been 'What's a Prom?' - but on reflection we had the 6th Form disco.....and boys were actually invited. I had a horrible night as my mum made me wear an old fashioned black frock and all the other girls wore jeans....
20. Do you still talk to the person you went to the prom with?
I didn't go with anyone except my immediate girlfriend. I think she left with a boy though - and I seem to remember kissing a boy there, but I don't know who. My dad came to pick me up at 10pm.
21. Do you still talk to people from your school?
See Q18 :-)
Just for fun, tell me some of your favorite high school memories or better yet, copy and paste this meme and answer it on YOUR blog!