Sunday, October 08, 2006

I Love TV


What am I watching and loving at the moment?

Huff - I am mourning this show already, as I have been informed it has been cancelled.

Hank Azaria - absolutely brilliant as the confused mid-life crisis beset psychiatrist, Huff.
Andy Comeau - inspired as his tortured schitzophrenic brother, Teddy.
Oliver Platt - yet another brilliant performance as the over-indulging lawyer, Russell.
Blythe Danner - the most incredibly beautiful woman playing an 'old-money' woman coping in modern times.
And surprisingly....
Anton Yelchin - stunning teen actor holding his own as Byrd, the confused son of Huff struggling to maintain his own identity.

NCIS - we discovered this recently on FX (our new regular satellite channel) - so it'll probably be cancelled, if it hasn't already.......

Mark Harmon - a comfortable actor, familiar (if you check you'll remember Chicago Hope, if you don't it'll drive you potty!), playing tough Special Agent Leroy Gibbs.
Michael Wetherly - remember Dark Angel? He probably does, being as he was Logan in another life.
Pauley Perrette - I can't help feeling this is the new face of TV, a wonderful intelligent beautiful woman with a sparky sense of humour, who, in reality, has a degree in criminology.
Cote de Pablo - exotic name for an exotic beauty who plays magically off Wetherly.
Sean Murry - just a nice looking young man you want to take home to mom.
David McCallum - something England does well...he was Illya Kuryakin in Man From UNCLE a million years ago - but still looking pretty good!

And another one to watch - Discovery Atlas.
Just seen the first of this series on China - very, very good. Not denying their history but using it to illustrate modern Chinese society. Next week, Italy!

cq

9 comments:

CyberKitten said...

Only watching 'Spooks' and 'ReGenesis' at the moment.

Looking forward to the return of both Stargates & Battlestar Galactica.

Fizzy said...

NCIS is on a Saturday evening on 4 or 5 just before CSI and Law and Order. It is a good show. Last nights was particularly good.

I am staying up towatch this Shane Ritchie thing on 3 and wishing I hadn't but not going to bed as I need to know how it ends!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

It's good we don't have those shows here. It is difficult to be addicted to a certain program and all of a sudden it's gone.

Shelli said...

I hate when they cancel shows that I like. Just because some people don't like them, doesn't mean that no one likes them.

Le laquet said...

I am watching Afterlife ~ very scary ~ House, Grey's Anatomy and *coughs & looks around to see who's listening* The X factor.

OldOldLady Of The Hills said...

I wrote SHOWTIME, the original Producer of HUFF and told them that canceling this show was a HUGE HUGE mistake!!! Do they care what I think? NO!!!!! I am very very pissed off at them for canceling this brilliant-in-every-way show....I'm so glad you feel the same way CQ....(((What Were They Thinking???? UGH!!!)))
I just love the writing so much and the ACTORS...Oh My Lord! ALL Superb....
(And when you get to the second season, if you are not there yet...someone you like a lot is going to be on the show....No, not JD. TS!!!!

Bob-kat said...

It really annoys me when they cancel good shows and yet mindless drivel seems to go on and on and on.... It's the dumbing down of TV.
I for one could go without reality TV shows and Soap operas!

Fizzy said...

X Factor!!! You admit to that!!! WOW you are brave

Jean-Luc Picard said...

NCIS is on Saturday night on Channel 5.