Monday, August 21, 2006

Monday Memories

It is one year this week since we got Charlie. On the 26th to be exact.

We had recently lost a young cat to the road nearby, the second of ours to be stolen in this way. Pandora was getting old and we had decided no more cats. But we added a proviso that AP (After Pandora) we would consider maybe taking a special needs cat, as we have a lot of time and opportunity to care for such an animal. We even decided we would prefer a male and Charlie would be the name of choice.

Then at the pet club at work one day this picture popped up with a plea for a home.



He had been found abandoned on the edge of a busy road with his two brothers. His brothers had been rehomed, but no one wanted the sparky little ginger boy.

I emailed MB with the picture and text and simply wrote 'Charlie?'

Of course, we took him. He was a nightmare with feline behavioural problems and we very nearly gave him away several times. He also had terrible earmites from bad care, awful eating habits, was socially maladjusted and had a malformed lower jaw giving him a pronounced underbite.

But with love and care.........he grew up to love helping out.........

And enjoys nothing more than helping Mummy on the computer.....

And here he is, one year later. A big floofy, sparky ginger man. My Little Man.



Trackbacks, pings, and comment links are accepted and encouraged!

8 comments:

Norma said...

What a sweetheart. I like cats, but don't know if I'd have the patience for that.

My MM is up.

Ladybug Crossing said...

He's terrific! He reminds me of our Marmalade!!
LBC

Becky said...

I <3 orange kitties...he's beautiful...and I know about the helping out at the computer..mine do it all the time..especially when I'm working on something and not paying enough attention to them :D

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I didn't realize Charlie was a fairly new additrion...I knew he was young...and I remember his love of the Christmas Tree...(lol). He sure is a darling guy! And such a great color, too! "SWEETIE" sends his love to your dear Charlie, and to Pandora, too!

MaR said...

a ginger little one! cute cat, cq!

Anonymous said...

That is just so wonderful and touching to read. I love when animals get a new caring home. *sobbing*

And he is so handsome ;-)

Bobkat said...

Hasn't he grown big and handsome! It doesn't seemt hat long ago since you got him. Where has time gone??

Southern Girl said...

Oh, my goodness! Charlie looks almost exactly like my precious Lil' Bit! The only difference is that Lil' Bit had a diamond-shaped scar on the bridge of his nose where some horrible person had burned him with a cigarette when he was a baby. We found him abandoned on the side of the road, too.

I wrote about him and some of his family members here: http://southern-born-and-bred.blogspot.com/2006/06/my-four-legged-children.html

The resemblance isn't as apparent in that picture, but they do really look alike.

Charlie's beautiful!