1. Sometimes it's hard for me to remember I am a qualified Safety Manager now! I actually found myself looking into details about the Occupational Safety and Health Diploma today [shh - don't tell my boss!]
2. I have been aimlessly humming 'The Gasman Cometh' all day, and on the drive home all the words to all the verses came to me - so I sang it through - lots of times!
3. It's August, so it's pay rise month - but we're not getting one until at least January because the talks have stalled at 2%.....watch this space for industrial action (not me, I never strike!)
4. However our Government department has insisted they pay at least some of our hard-earned bonuses while we're waiting for the new deal - so I'll get £500 less tax etc etc........'cos I worked hard last year!
5. Why am I telling you all this? Well, we got a flyer through the door tonight with laptops and wireless modems for £350 (about $660) all in. I *really* want a wireless laptop.
6. I am also due to get some money for passing my exams, but that may be some time in the future, as the paperwork has to go through three lines of management!
7. I have just done three loads of laundry since getting home, as well as shopping, cooking dinner and clearing up. I'm beat.
8. As I'm going to be at Caerphilly Castle most of the weekend getting *very* wet, I thought I would get a headstart on my weekend chores.
9. I don't know if I'm gonna be very good at being a 14C peasant woman - what am I going to do all day??
10. My boss likes me - I take complicated jobs and make them easy. Produced a re-vamped safety presentation yesterday (which I will be delivering three times over the next three weeks!) and today I completely overhauled the audit recording system. He's a happy bunny.
11. I hope someone brings a spare cloak to the Castle! [peers at terrible weather forecast]
12. Can I really afford £350 for a luxury item like a laptop???
13. My feet are going to get cold this weekend - no shoes!
[the video is self-explanatory - the song is sung by Flanders and Swann - a great British revue act in the 50s and 60s....who also made 'The Gasman Cometh' a byword in the English language!]
Follow the Thirteeners at the Hub