I just sent a letter to everyone involved in the hospital debacle last week, thanking them for the care they showed. I received this response:
'Please thank her very much for the letter, its appreciated and hope she tries skiing again, its not all bad!!!!'
This set me thinking to think of things I can do - or have done. Better than sitting depressing over the things I can't do!
2. I can sail. Again, started sailing as a small child and stopped during my teens. But the basics stay with you.
3. I have abseiled. Not one of my favourite things, but I have done it!
4. I can shoot! Trained by an Army marksman, I turned out to be rather good with a gun!
5. I used to do archery. Fantastic sport which I took up at school and during holidays.
6. I can ride a bike. Doesn't sound much, but my mum never got the knack!
7. I can speak French - although last week I was kinda wishing I'd done German instead of Latin at school!
8. I can follow the instructions on flat-packed furniture - I believe I am only one of a handful in the world that can do that!
9. I fixed the TV when I was only 12. Although that showed initiative and logic, I did not become an electrician!
10. I can drum up a tune on a piano!
11. I used to play the viola and the violin.
12. I can act........
13. I can sing........
Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants