1. I went out! I know, I know - a rarity in the Palace.
2. As we were going to the cinema anyway, I got the night off from kitchen duties and went shopping.
3. First stop the optician. Good news; my eyesight is improving slightly (as sometimes happens with short sight). Bad news; I now need varifocals [wails in despair 'oh god, I'm getting OLD!!']
4. And more bad news - the lenses alone were £250+, then add frames, insurance, eye test.......£400!! :-(
5. To cheer myself up I bought a book I have been promising myself for ages. Since reading Mo Hayder's wonderful 'Tokyo', I have been itching to read 'The Rape of Nanking' - which I now have.... :-)
6. And in three weeks, I will be able to read with my new specs on!
7. More good news - Pizza with cyberkitten and bionicdwarf (the latter just about the only non-blogging crazie!).......two of my absolute favourite male type people :-)
8. After dinner, I got a cheap version of Queen's Greatest Hits, falling in with kitty on a 3 for £18 deal - CDs are SO expensive here.....[wriggles in seat[ listening to it now!]
9. Then off to the cinema to see Tristan and Isolde with Rufus Sewell.......[dribble]
10. Bearing in mind it's a love story, the leads were excruciatingly wet.
11. The film was saved by the DELICIOUS Rufus Sewell as King Marke [beatific smile]. That man should come with a health warning - he is positively edible! Although this time, he cut off all those lovely curls :-(
12. The battle scenes were rather good - and very graphic...lots of severing of limbs. Even Rufus got his hand severed in the first ten minutes of the film...didn't affect his performance at all [snigger]
13. Did I mention Rufus Sewell?? :-)