Monday, December 05, 2005

Crazie Christmas Advent Calendar 5

This is my inner child.

Everyone, say hello to my inner child :-)

I like to keep in touch with my inner child, as regular readers will have gathered. It's tough being a grown up, you know! I have teddy bears, I read books from my youth, I like playing with lego, building bricks and fuzzy felts! I like looking at things in wonder. I am stupidly pleased at the littlest thing. I was thrilled to get some chocolates for babysitting!

Some call me naive - but they are the naive ones. Listening to one's inner child can be so liberating.

At Christmas time, my inner child does double shifts, poor thing. When I am tempted to feel all grumpy about the whole thing (and I have a very bad history with Christmas), she is the one that is shrieking excitedly 'But think about the pretty lights! What about the cheerful music? And the chance to see your friends and swap gifts? Think about the shine in kids' eyes when they see Father Christmas?'

When Ugly Monster is whispering venom in my ear, my inner child is the one bouncing around yelling 'Look at that sunset! How do they make rainbows so pretty? Isn't the rain soft on your face? Feel how silky that pussycat is! People love you!'

I would be lost without my inner child, and she is one of the reasons why I keep going.

So this Christmas, my advice would be to pause and listen to your inner child - and be liberated! :-)

cq

6 comments:

YellowRose said...

I couldn't agree with you more!! Christmas time is when our inner child should come out the most! Wonderful post!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

She looks rather mischievous, CQ!

CyberKitten said...

I don't listen to my 'inner child'... I AM my inner child.. on the outside.... (snigger)

(pokes out tongue & runs away squeeling)

craziequeen said...

Yellowrose - thank you, I am so glad I'm not alone :-)

jl - wouldn't you like to know [wink]

ck - oh, I know.......I *know* :-)

cq

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Amen, AMEN! I couldn't agree more! Love this post, CQ, very very much. I would have been by sooner but couldn't get my computer working since Saturday night till this afternoon...Monday...I'm happy to be here now, and happy to have my inner child say HI to yours!!!:0)

craziequeen said...

OOL - stay tuned, plenty more where that came from! Nice to see you back safe and sound in the blogosphere, my dear :-)

cq