Thursday, December 29, 2005

CRAZIE CHRISTMAS PARTY 2005

The tree looked lovely, the felines were hiding, the presents were stacked anyoldhoo under the pretty lights, the table was full, the children (LMD, LMB and A Jnr) were leaping around yelping and the grownups (Aginoth, Mrs A, sleepy, weeble, cyberkitten and me) were attempting to hold 'conversation'........

Sounds idyllic, doesn't it? Here's some pictures (all with the subjects' or the subjects' parent's permissions)


Aginoth and the two elder Aginothlings learning the finer points of Frustration! This was utterly adorable - once we pulled A Jnr away from his new Pokemon Annual :-)


LMD - the only way to stop her wailing was to make sure she didn't catch sight of CQ! Each time I passed near her or looked at her, the lip quivered and the wail set up......and to her disgust everyone laughed - no one understood!!


This rather cute Jawa-esque person is our weeble. A bloglurker, and a sweet friend to us all. Over the years, many of us have relied on his sturdy spirit and strong friendship.


A Jnr watching Charlie and the Chocolate Factory intently (the Depp version, of course!), one of my pressies from the Aginoths. This was accompanied by random shrieks of 'turn it up, I can't hear it! Excuse me! [he's a very polite child :-)] Turn it up!' as the silly grownup chatter got louder and louder....

Animal allergies sadly got the better of Mrs A [next time, take your Piriton *before* coming!] and she couldn't bed the children down in my bed, so they got to stay up very late. That being said, once they got past 'tired' they were actually very good, cuddling and snuggling mummy and daddy while we watched Charlie.

rca and K bowled up at 9.30 from another event, just in time to have half an hour with the Aginoth's before they peeled off home with three very tired babies.

We sadly said our farewells to the Aginoths [and yes, I got my Huggy Hug from Aginoth! - it's a bit of a tradition!] and they strapped their children in, packed in all the bags of gifts and toddled off down the M5.

'oh, good - I can let the felines out' I sighed with relief.

'er - is it all right if you don't?' asked a suffering K - yep, another allergic! So the felines stayed locked up while we sat and discussed......um.....stuff that should stay between six dear friends!

The girls wandered off tiredly to catch the footie at 11, which left me and my boys; cyberkitten, sleepy and weeble. I leapt up, new DVD in hand and put Jasper Carrott on the TV. GREAT late night TV. We were all weeping with laughter in no time.......

My boys left at midnight (I suggested this time they not slumber over in the usual tradition given the current war state in our house! :-O]

Oh, and I have the results of my Christmas Memory game - watch this space :-)

Two last pictures.......

This is the sight that greeted me this morning..........


'Whatcher doing wiff my tree, Mama........??'

no comment!

cq

10 comments:

Uisce said...

How cool that you know fellow bloggers and get together. I'm so jealous!!

Uisce said...

rats, I forgot to say that Michele sent me -- I can't believe the party's still going on over there! :)

CyberKitten said...

A fun & crazie time as always..... and we all went home with armfulls of pressies

I didn't break any children (I'm getting good at that)

Excellent time was had by all I think.....

craziequeen said...

you're welcome to come next time, uisce :-D

oh, and we all knew each other before blogging; we're old friends, trusted family. Aginoth introduced all of us to the glory of blogdom....

cq

CyberKitten said...

CQ said: Aginoth introduced all of us to the glory of blogdom....

Not to mention serious arm twisting........ (grin)

BTW - Charlie looks SO much like a red squirell... Are you sure he's not some kind of hybrid?

Karen said...

Ah, the holidays...what fun!

Michele sent me!

Juggling Mother said...

The tree was fine for the party & that's what counts:-)

You're linked.

Cin said...

Sounds like you had yourself just a fabulous time!

Love your tree. I didn't have one again this year, as there's a 'no live tree' policy in my building, and the DS is a bit of a stickler for that sort of thing.

I can only imagine what the Yowler would do with a tree. I don't worry about the wee one - she'd just consider it an accessory and sit under it loftily....

cheers,

OldLady Of The Hills said...

LOL, LOL, LOL! That Charlie is a caution!! I've never seen such a HUGE bushy tail..is that Charlie's way of telling you he is as happy as a pig-in-shit, as they say??? Finally..he gets to knock the tree over, once again!! LOL!

I love the photo's of everyone..cute backs!!! (lol)
It sounds like GREAT fun was had by all! I just watched "Charlie And The Chocolate Factory" about two days ago...LOVED it! LOVE that Johnny Depp!!! Yum! He is such an amazingly inventive actor and brave in his choices, always!!!

A Very Very Happy New Year to you CQ!

WendyWings said...

If Charlie did that in our house there would be a resounding chorus of "that blooddddddy cat is at it again" lol
Looks like you had a fab time :)