Friday, December 02, 2005

Decisions, decisions...

Very high powered talks in the office today. A subject discussed from the highest level to the lowest of the low (ie me!)...

And now a decision has to be made....

What to wear for the Christmas Office Party.

Yep, that familiar time of angst returns. And I have another added aspect of the problem.

You see, I have lost weight. Yep, all that exercise and denial worked and I have lost about a stone and a half so far (about 21lbs).

Good, I hear my blog friends say! :-)

Only problem now is, I can fit into my luscious midnight blue velvet dress.

Good, I hear my blog friends say! :-)

But the subject of my feminine indecision is: Do I wear my beautiful dress while the rest of the office are in casualwear - or I do follow the trend and don black trousers and a nice top?

I have just about decided to put off the final decision until the day. It will be Business as Usual on the morning of the party, so normal officewear will be worn. I will take in both my gorgeous dress and a nice top and make a spur of the moment decision!!

[gulp]

cq

6 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi!!!
I was in the middle of leaving you a comment when my computer just stopped!!! My favorite thing!
Anyway, dear CQ..Thank You for the heads up about Mr Aginoths new blog..I went there and left a message for him and now, finaaly I'm back to you!! OY! Computers--Love em & Hate em...

I'll be back!!!
Michele sentme a looooong time ago, though I would have visited on my own!

Juggling Mother said...

Wear the dress & feel smug that everyone else is underdressed (it's all in the mind you know).

1 1/2 stone!? You'll dissappear!

Here from micheles today:-0

Ditsy Chick said...

Thank you for the visit. Go with the pants, the office chumps don't deserve the dress. I will be back to visit.

Thumper said...

Being dressed to a different standard than everytone else can feel really uncomfortable, no matter how good you look. Unless you just wear the stunnign dress to a fast food place, then you'll make everyone's day! ;)

here via Michele's!

dena said...

I say dress in what you like. You can always wear the snazzy dress, and tell them you have two engagments to attend that evening.

visiting from michele's

Marcia said...

I say you wear what you want - if you feel special and confident in the blue velvet, then wear the HELL out of the blue velvet! It'll be fun - tell everyone that you're dressed for the party AFTER the office party. You're so much fun, and your schedule is so full, you just had to go to two parties that night!