Monday, June 09, 2008

Elk and Beaver and Goldstream

While we were driving from A to B outside Victoria, I was struck by a sign - not physically, obviously....but the sign begged me to go have a look.
So in the pouring rain we visited Elk and Beaver Lake - just so I could say I had seen 'Elk and Beaver Lake'.......it's the name, it's so...Canadian!

See? Sooooooo cool.....So we nipped down to have a look.........

It was a wonderful serene place in the rain, the only activity a couple of kayakers.....

I looked to the left and there was a stand of magnficent pine trees..........

I looked to the right and a weeping tree grew into the water as if part of it's essence.

Another place we stopped was Goldstream Park - we actually went to a lookout point where we could see right across the Park.......

Hundreds of square miles of beautiful peaceful lake set in a magnificent park - and one lone sail boat.........

Breathtaking....

Please check out my side-bar to sponsor me or donate to Cancer Research for my 2008 Race for Life this month.

cq

5 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

I love Canada and you're making me want to go again!

Anonymous said...

You tend to find look out points like that everywhere in BC. There's always something to see, and the natural beauty we have here is unrivaled anywhere else!

I'm glad you guys had such a good time despite the rain. The rain can put a dampener (no pun intended) on things at times, but there's still a good time to be had by all.

Jerry in Tampa said...

LOVE the images of your beautiful country cq!!! Excellent!

Jerry in Tampa

Jean-Luc Picard said...

That really was a jewel you had uncovered.

MaR said...

Such beautiful places, cq! and lovely pictures!