Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bad to Worse - with some Good thrown in...

Hi diminished readery,

I know, I'm a bad blogger but my trick knee and trials with the hospital, not to mention still working, is making me sink deeper into my depression.

I finally got hold of Hospital Two to find they haven't even had my referral letter from Hospital One, so I offered to fax my copy to them.
I couldn't get them again for another two days when they cheerfully told me the letter was useless without the referral 'form' which would have been attached to their copy of the letter - if they had had it!
So now I have to go back to Hospital One to get them to fax a copy of the whole paperwork to Hospital Two before the radiologist will even look at my case. But Hospital One only takes phone calls between 10am and 12 midday - which is my busiest time of day!

The words 'who is running the asylum?' spring to mind.....

Is there any good news? Well, I am still working, with an occasional working from home day to rest my leg. This week has been exhausting with two days teaching - which meant being on my feet for most of them.
Day One was basic training, with 30 staff being trained to use defibrillators in the workplace and to perform basic life support (CPR).
Day Two was a skills day for qualified First Aiders with a lecture on Anaphylaxis, Asthma, Diabetes and Epilepsy (the hidden conditions), a forum for them to talk, and an afternoon of playing with bandages and CPR dummies.
Both went well and I got good feedback from the participants.

And tonight I leave all my troubles (if not my crutches) behind and toddle off to the Company of Chvalry Banquet. It's officially the last event of the year and a biggie this year to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the Company! :-)
[packs camera]

cq

5 comments:

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

Enjoy the banquet, you certainly deserve it! :) Take care.

Bobkat said...

Don't even get me started about the hospitals - I've been waiting for three weeks for a letter so it looks like my experience is following yours :( I hope you get your referral soon.

Meanwhile, have fun at the banquet. Sounds just the thing to lift your spirits :)

Bilbo said...

Hope you had a grand time at the banquet! And don't get too worked up about the hospitals there. We have to go through multiple layers of drones and insurance vampires just to get close to a doctor!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It is quite amazing the "Murphets Law" that seems to be happening there for you....Was it ever thus??
OY! I hope this gets straightened out quickly, for your knees sake, my dear....!
It sounds like you are very very busy and doing some extremely important and worthwhile things....!

carmilevy said...

I have been a bad blog friend, and must apologize. Juggling life has been challenging in recent months, and it's left me virtually unable to read my faves.

Which doesn't mean you're all not in my thoughts. I just can't get to the keyboard as often as I'd like.

So glad you're not letting your knee stop you. That's a message I'll take with me everywhere I go. Tenacity is cool, bar none.