Monday, July 19, 2010

Castle Life

This weekend was spent at Kidwelly Castle - a new location for me.

I didn't take photos but there was a reporter taking photos and names so you never know, I could be famous shortly! (only a local cub reporter, but she was oh so keen to capture as much as possible!). Also a lot of the company took photos, so there should be some nice ones around when they upload them!

My over-riding memories of the weekend are......well, rain ( of course!), a leaking tent, wind (the weather kind!), spending quality time with a good friend I haven't seen for a while, talking about coins and rosaries to interested people, lugging heavy kit, sunshine, woodsmoke, sore knees, being back in the court scene (I was 'robbed' by aforementioned good friend!), singing around the fire, clanking armour, a severed hand, hugs, bruises (caught a couple of doozies while unpacking and packing heavy kit), wet dresses, smelly soldiers, more hugs, laughter, hammering coins, missing my boy, playing with fake blood (cool!), newbies.
But the very best bit - sitting under the stars singing, talking and laughing with my best pal......

cq

4 comments:

Sleepypete said...

Apart from a bit on the way to the game on Saturday, didn't actually see any rain over the weekend ...

Drove through plenty of places where it had hammered it down not too long before though :-)

Melli said...

Ohhhh Faire Queen! How DO you DO that? Go to a NEW location and spend a whole weekend and NOT take pictures??? To me, that sounds akin to TORTURE! However... the singing and laughing and enjoying company of good people sounds simply wonderful!!!

craziequeen said...

I'm so sorry, Melli...
I actually don't like taking photos at events - I'm not very good at pictures and I hate being seen in kit with a camera....

I can replay the weekend in my head - so I have mental video :-)

cq

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I haven't heard of this castle. There are so many that many are unaware of.