Thursday, October 25, 2007

Worried

I've just got off the phone with my mother, checking up on my dad who has recently been admitted to hospital.

They are operating tomorrow on a suspected bowel tumour after two days of testing him.

Although he is not my biological father, this man has loved and cared for me for the last thirty seven years as though I were his own. He is not a natural father, but we managed to knit together a very sweet friendship, based on mutual trust. He has faltered over the years, stressing out over a wife and four step children, but when I have needed him he's been there.

He is my 'dad' and I am his daughter.

I'm worried. Please keep him in your thoughts.

cq

7 comments:

MaR said...

He'll do just fine. I've got you all in my thoughts...

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I'll be thinking of you all.

Anonymous said...

Keeping you all in my thoughts hon.

Hang in there!

Bilbo said...

I'll pray for your dad as I do for my own. Hope all goes well.

Melli said...

Sending prayers CQ... of course he's your father! Blood is really not the important factor!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Prayers coming your way, my dear...And fingers crossed, too!HUGS, My Dear.

Minerva said...

Sorry I am late CQ but thinking of you both never the less..I hope all goes well...

Minerva