Tuesday, February 21, 2006

[waves]

yoo hoo! I'm back! Thanks to cyberkitten for posting my messages and keeping the Court informed! CK - I would suggest you keep my log-in for a bit, just in case!

Can't keep a good queen down. Basic service atm with a cobbled PC and joint account. Ah, I miss my very own account - and I can't seem to find all my files.

But MB worked hard and late last night trying to get us back online. He came home to a very depressed CQ yesterday who was missing her blogbuddies. Normally it wouldn't be SO bad 'cos I have internet at work, but being stuck at home meant no communication at all.

So - update:

Job: I am thrilled (and somewhat surprised!) that I got the job. I thought I was terrible in the interview. The job is Assistant Health and Safety Advisor for the site I currently work on (no more information on work - it's 18a secret! shh). I should be in my new job in about four weeks!

Sicknote: I'm still off for a week. I have cut back my painkillers as one of the side-effects was I was sleeping about 18 hours a day. So more pain, but less total fatigue. And now I can pinpoint the pain more accurately and also be more definite about what hurts and what doesn't. Sitting for long periods hurts, bending over hurts, picking up things really hurts and getting in and out of the car is very painful atm. Oh, and as I discovered yesterday - sitting at a table doing jigsaws is off the scale!

MRI finding: Ah, the wonders of the NHS. I have a gynae appointment to discuss the MRI results and findings on the 9 May. 10 weeks, not bad I guess. But at least I don't have to turn up with my cheque book in my hand and a spare coupla grand in the bank!

Boo: No, not the shout, but my precious goddaughter. Thousands of miles away with her mum (my absolute girlfriend, silentmum!) they rang me this weekend and Boo serenaded me with Lullaby of Broadway. She is attending a stageschool and I thought her seven-year old voice has great potential. She can find a note and hold it - without accompaniment! Needless to say, the rendition reduced me to floods of tears. I tried to explain to silentmum; when Boo was a baby, I used to dream of watching or listening to her doing this kind of stuff, then sweeping her into my arms to congratulate her and tell her how wonderful she is. Not so easy at 5,000 miles.......

Anyway, that's enough from me for now..

cq

11 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh SOOOOOO Happy you are back on line dear CQ!!! I can only imagine the 'seperation anxiety' without your blog buddies... had a bit of that last November when my computer crashed, but good! Was without any internet for about 4 days...UGH!
Congrats about the Secret Job!!! GOOD FOR YOU, Mty Dear!
And it sounds like there is NO position that is not accompanied by pain...
I cannot believe you have to wait so many months to get a consultation about your situation!!! Hello!
I have dearly missed you as I know so very many others buddies have too, and Welcome Welcome Back!!
Hugs and More Hugs...

Juggling Mother said...

Congrats on the job, & it sounds like Boo is doing wonderfully well:-)

Hey while you've been offline you've evolved:-)

Hope you start feeling better soon.

CyberKitten said...

Welcome back to the Blogoverse... [grin]

YellowRose said...

Welcome back dear Queenie!! We missed you!! And also big congrats on the job!

Jennifer said...

welcome back! i like how you color coded your various paragraphs!!!! makes it easier to read!
congrats on the new job.
your appt is my birthday! wow.. it's only 10 weeks away? yikes!

i copied your personality disorder quiz! i'm glad you weren't avoiding us!!!!

Diamond said...

So very glad to see you are back!! Sorry you are still in so much pain though. Congrats on the new job, it sounds wonderful!! That is so very excellent about your goddaughter, you much have been over the moon!!!!!

WendyWings said...

Welcome back, we missed you.
Your goddaughter sounds adorable :)

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Welcome back, CQ. Congrats on getting the job!

craziequeen said...

wow - I'm touched.....and a little bewildered....

I was stunned to hear there were 17 comments in my absence, and now everyone is welcoming me back like I've been away...!

This is a weird sensation....especially for such a total control freak like me!

But it is making for a warm feeling in my heart....

oh - and sm?? Sandra Bullock!?! [snigger]

cq

Anonymous said...

Very nice site!
Refco forex trading video+conferencing+standard Volvo certified extended warranty True teens nude 2001 honda rubicon not shifting mesotherapy boca raton mesotherapy essage board Download metro pcs ringtone Bendover pants Los angeles maternity clothes mesotherapy shots from mexico North florida celebrex attorneys

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! http://www.lesbians4.info Car covers strap down transport bad credit personal loan Ratings of moving companies and new york city autumn wedding flower perfumes ffxi hentai 401 k vs 403 b lasik md in calgary Capri cargo pants checks by fax Computer show philadelphia Implication of loan