Monday, November 12, 2007

Everything at once.....

Yesterday I heard that one of my Canadian cousins has just had drastic surgery and is being tested for cancer in the lymph nodes. I'm hoping she gets all the breaks. She and her husband were just in a position to enjoy themselves, with the children grown and going out into the world.

My father is still in hospital. Today he is being moved to Invergordon County Hospital, apparently to recuperate. When I know his ward number, I'll be sending him a big colourful bunch of flowers for his new room. Still no word on his tests, but in our family no news is good news.

MB very kindly killed our burglar alarm today. It went off three times last night (at 12.15am, 3.15am and 4.45am), screaming through the house, scaring the cats half to death and bouncing us out of bed in horror. The first time I went staggering downstairs instinctively to turn the damned thing off and I managed to twist my bad knee - so I am in pain again. It went off twice again in one night so we got very little sleep. So we agreed that MB would kill it today. He phoned me at lunch time and I asked 'Is it dead?' 'Yes,' he replied.

And good news - anyone want to see good ol' cq having a good time?? I asked Aginoth to take photos, and he managed two [chuckle] - too busy having a good time, I guess.......

This is the Girl's Bowling Team, me and mah girly posse! Dig those gucci shoes!
From the left, cq, RCA, K (lying down) and Mrs Aginoth.

No pictures of the boys - they were far too shy.......oh, hang on, I managed to grab the Sleepy One....Lord only knows what RCA was trying to grab........

We're all (except the girls who are back in London) getting together again for SleepyPete's birthday on Thursday and then we're off to get drunk at the Aginoths' to celebrate Mrs A's birthday on Saturday.

cq

7 comments:

MaR said...

So sorry to hear about the health issues in your family...Hopefully things will start looking up.
Nice to see the pictures, cq. And a lovely avatar, I must add!
Oh, those Aginoth birthdays are something else, I remember! but won't tell, lol!

Unknown said...

I plead all innoncence - That's K not me!

And we both send our best wishes too all poorly family members

Jean-Luc Picard said...

The Enterprise Christmas Party Invitation is now on my Journal! Hope you can come.

Uisce said...

I love bowling. yeah, it's the shoes. :)

Moon said...

Hope u get possitive updates from your family...your dad's results and your cousins. Where in Canada are they? I ask because I am canadian lol.
HOpe your knee gets better soon...loved seeing your pics! Looks like a great time!

Melli said...

Oh dear... sending prayers for the Canadian cousin. Glad to hear Dad's being moved... this IS good, right? May the blasted alarm rest in peace. And... You guys suuuuuuure were havin' FUN! But... *ahem*... it MAY cost ya a shiney red bike! LOL!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

You all look like you are having a grand time, my dear....Having fun is better than anything! More celebrations coming up....more FUN! YAY!