Friday, November 16, 2007

I Got an Email....

Dear...,

So, Cancer Research UK's Race for Life, is over for another year and Christmas will be upon us before we know it.
Before it arrives though we wanted to take this opportunity to reflect on some amazing facts about the 2007 Race for Life series:
- This year Race for Life brought together 665,000 fundraising women to help beat cancer
- At all our Race for Life events we stayed silent to remember loved ones and celebrate survivors for 4.6 hours
- If you put all the Race for Life 5k courses together they would span 1400k - that's even further than Lands End to John O' Groats.

However, the most important fact is that you have returned all your sponsorship money to us and this will go directly to Cancer Research UK's life saving work. Now that is amazing and thank you once again.
Together we will beat cancer.
With best wishes,
Cancer Research UK's Race for Life Team.

For those that were wishing us the best, my dad has been diagnosed with malignant colon cancer, but they think they might have got all of it. He has to go back in two months for a colonoscopy to see if it has regrown or mestasized....

And speaking of Cancer Research, stick around to find out more about this little character, who is appearing as my avatar........

cq

19 comments:

David Edward said...

congrats, I just got the email to sign up for MS walk again. I think I will. I walked with 'the love of my life' last year, before we were in love, how about that? A cure for loneliness!

David Edward said...

not a bad pic at all, tell MB to treat you right, your smile is worth a fortune.

Anonymous said...

What a cute avatar..

Michele sent me here to find out more about cancer research. I am going to do just that.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Awesome, cq. Hopefully we'll find answers to this horrid disease.

Once I've got the machine up and running, I'll be donating part of my profits to cancer research. There's a cancer angle to what I'm working on, fiction-wise.

And yes, drop me an e-mail (susan at west of mars) if you have bookmarks you'd like me to send out!

barbie2be said...

what a cute little teddy! i want one!

michele sent me. :)

barbie2be said...

what a cute little teddy! i want one!

michele sent me. :)

Unknown said...

oh cute teddy bear, Michelle sent me to say Hello

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Oh I hope they did get it all, dear CQ. Your Dad has been through quite a seige!

Congrats on the Race results, my dear....
It would be such a blessing if they finally found a cure for this rampant disease....!

Bobkat said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed that there is good news about your dad when they retest. I am sorry about the diagnosis but releived that they caught it and feel they might have caught it in time. {{{hugs}}}

Catherine said...

All the best for your Dad - and I hope Santa brings you your new bike! Michele sent me

Dak-Ind said...

colon cancer, as any cancer, is pretty frightening. my dad is currently undergoing tests to see if he has prostate cancer, as his prostate is very very enlarged. we are all hoping for the best and preparing for the worst.

so, with that, we, too, thank you for your efforts on behalf of cancer research... and hope we dont need to avail ourselves of the information they have discovered!

wishing your father all the best for a continued and speedy rocovery.
michele sent me.

Tawcan said...

Love the avatar. Really hope they will find a cure for cancer one day.

Melli said...

Oh wow... I sure do HOPE they got it all! Still sending prayers CQ! Congrats on the success of your RFL!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad hon. What nasty news. I DO hope they got it all though. That sounds hopeful.

As for the cute lil fella, who is he and where can I get one??

Catherine said...

Michele sent me back again. I think your avatar is really cute, too.

Anonymous said...

Michele sent me back. Hope your dad gets better soon.

Keep up the good spirits.

Nikki - Notes of Life said...

As I think I've said in the past, Dad had bowel/colon cancer a few years ago. The most important thing is that they've caught it. Good luck and give him our best :)

P.S. - You've been tagged!

Pat said...

I left a comment yesterday which seems to have disappeared?

Dawn-Enigma Artist said...

I'll join the others in sending wellness thoughts and prayers for your Dad.

Thank you for raising money for rhe cure!

Michele sent me.