Sunday, September 23, 2007

Easy Sunday

Well, I wasn't woken at 2.30am this morning, but 5.30am on a Sunday is still an anti-social hour. Pandora gets bored waiting for us to get up, so she walks from one bedside cabinet to the other, across any occupants in the bed, regardless of whether they are asleep or not. It's understandable, given her age, but annoying as Charlie (at 2 1/2) has just learnt that dark time is sleep time for humans.

Apparently, I am a nice blogger.......yup, I am - see......?

I have been awarded the Nice Matters Award from my sweet Bobkat over at Bobkats house. Now, Bobkat is the definition of nice. She's one of my closest friends, blog or otherwise. In fact, I wouldn't be where I am now without Bobkat.

This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world.

The award should be passed on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award. So I now have the honour of passing on the award to others. This is very difficult as there are so many of you who deserve it - so many nice people in this big bad world.

All my blogpals are nice people, but I have managed to pick out some that brighten everyone's day and help me through dark times as well as bright.

Dawn at Retarded Rugrat is a genuinely nice girl. She's mah blogsistah and we met through a fellow blogger called Eric Mutta. She is from Yorkshire in England, but now lives in British Columbia with her fiance Jeff. She's kind, thoughtful and generous of spirit.

Yellow Rose of Texas (formerly of Georgia!) is another nice blogging person. She and Big D have just moved to their new house in Texas and she has still managed to find time to blog and keep us all up to date with everything going on in her beautiful garden, boxes and all.

david at Sugarloaf Mountain is a wonderful man. We 'met' through Michele and have kept in blogtouch since. What with defending Michele's honour and being there supporting Minerva through her trials, he is a real champion. His blog is a great place to get to know david.

Missee Bug, at Ladybug Crossing, is a very welcome visitor. She regales us with the trials and tribulations of life at the Bug Mansion. Not only is there her, Mr Bug, #1 and LLB (Li'l LadyBug), but they have added an annex and moved the GrandBugs in too.

Life in the raw can be found at Redneck Mommy's blog. She is mother of two, Fric and Frac, and has a hubby, Boo. T is a kind and thoughtful soul, and her blog is her deepest thoughts and desires. Motherhood uncensored is the theme of this wonderful blog.

Another mommyblog I enjoy visiting is Mamahog and her wonderful lovelets, Loveday and Yashi. Keda is from sunny Cornwall in England, but now resides in sunny Istanbul (no pleasing some people!) and her blog is almost a devotion to her daughters, the most important things in her life.

Can there be a Nice Award without nominating Michele? Her of the magical Meet and Greet where most of us have met and swapped links. Michele is an icon of blogging consideration and entertainment. During the week there are loads of quizzes and games to play - and sometimes she even talks about herself!

btw: if you're looking for a new blogging toy, Blogger Play is up and running. Blogger Play will show you a never-ending stream of images that were just uploaded to public Blogger blogs. You can click the image to be taken directly to the blog post it was uploaded to, or click “show info” to see an overlay with the post title, a snippet of the body, and some profile information about the blogger who uploaded it. It's kinda cool and wonderful to see the variety of pictures being uploaded around the world.

cq

23 comments:

Pearl said...

What a nice post.

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

Wow, cq, you DO deserve the Nice Matters award! That's awesome of you to give it to so many.

David Edward said...

i am so blessed
this has been a terrifi week,
and now this too
thank you CQ

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being part of such a nice group of bloggers.

And thanks so much for visiting Bibliotica. If you don't mind me asking, what's on YOUR reading list?

Geggie said...

Hello, Michele sent me!

Great site and I'm going to visit your 7 nominees today, too.

Michele said...

Thank you so very much for your oh-so-kind words. What a lovely way to start my day. Of course, many people find moments of their day made more lovely, simply by visiting you!

Yes, craziqueen you do deserve a niceness award. In fact, if there was a "nicest" award, you would also be nominated for that.

Again, thank you. It is truly an honour for YOU to include me in such fine company.

Hugs....

Anonymous said...

Awwww, I'm sooo touched CQ! Thank you for managing to put a smile on my face throughout what has been a VERY long week!

Pat said...

Congrats and join the club. I was awarded the very same by Johng of PUBLOG. However I have to wait till half term when my grandchildren are here to install it for me. Hi from Michele.

MaR said...

Oh, cq, what a nice award for one of the nicest bloggers (yes, you! the unique craziequeen!) Michele sent me your way to congratulate you. Cheers!!!
And what a fun link this blogger play!!

MaR said...

Hey! this is like 2 years ago: Michele sent me. I have met wonderful bloggers through her site. Wonderful of you to give this award to her :)

MorahMommy said...

Congratulations! A well deserved award!

I'm going to go visit the lovely bloggers that you have nominated...I have to agree with you about Michele...I have met so many wonderful bloggers LIKE YOU, through her site.

Have a wonderful day.

Michele sent me!

keda said...

aww. sweetie!

actually i just use the lets to make myself look more wholesome n shit ;)
its all about ME really!

cheers darlin. much happreciated.

you are nice.
ooh and ps. michele was the one that actually 'introduced' me to macyummy over a year ago. aint that odd?! and fabulous. she definately deserves an award for that!

Ladybug Crossing said...

Awwww... thanks, CQ!!!
You are so sweet to think of me. :-)
xo
LBC

Sara said...

Hello, Michele sent me...and am glad to be here. Hope you enjoy your hot bubble bath...you made me think that I just might do that myself tonight.

Excellent post - and gave us a chance to see who else is out there in blogland.

Now you really had to go and tell me about Blogger Play - Right? Like I don't have enough to keep me playing on the internet!!! :)

Fizzy said...

A lovely post!
Those cats need to be told!!!!! tell them there is a duck that will get cross if they DO NOT BEHAVE!!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

These are all WONDERFUL Blog people CQ... I LOVE Fric And Frac's Mommy....I must go visit her very soon again...I realize it's been a while since I was there, and KEDA, too....
The amazing sweet nice people that we meet through this thing called blogging---This is such a gift, isn't it?

About L.A. and the Ocean....Yeah, we are right there on the coast line....Malibu and all that...You know one of the things that is sooo great about living here is: The mountains, the desert, and the ocean are ALL within driving distance....3 such diverse weather patterns, and ALL Beautiful---AMAZING!

Dear Pandora....at her age she should be able to do anything she needs and wants....Charlie? Well, that is a different story, isn't it? LOL!
How we love our Animals...!

YellowRose said...

Congrats to you! And thank you so very much! I'm finally back to blogging, I've missed it!!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

Well done on getting your Award, CQ.

Bobkat said...

I could have sworn I already commented here! Anyhow, I just wanted to say that you deserve it Hon. I don't think I need to say anything more except that it was nice to be able to give this award to you as a little gesture of my appreciation of you friendship :)

purplefugue said...

Thank you for popping by my site. And congratulations on that award. You're a generous soul for nominating so many others too.

Have a great weekend, from one dragon to another. :-)

Shephard said...

I'm so glad Michele sent me by today, or I wouldn't have followed your nice award link to Rugrat's. No wonder you gave her a nice award.

Michele says hello!
~S :)

Anonymous said...

Hi CQ! Thanks so much for spreading the "niceness" around! You are always so sweet ;)

And, because of your list, I found a Vancouver blogger I didn't know of before! Yay!

Michele was nice enough to send me by today!

Shephard said...

Blogger play is addictive! Thanks for sharing that!
~S