Saturday, November 19, 2005

OMIGOD.......

[looks out of window at inexorably worsening freezing phog]

OK [puts nice dress away, gets out smart black trousers and delicious purple jumper] - bummer...reminds self to remember coat and scarf!

Good thing my foglights work! What with that [shudder] horrible phog and the roadworks - the 30 miles or so to the Aginoth's is going to be an interesting drive. Hope my passengers, rca and sleepypete, have their insurance up to date.

ok, showered, lovely and clean now and washed my hair. In this modern world, am I in the minority in that I don't use a hairdryer unless really pushed?

And one more for thought - when the thick nasty phog descends, will all those morons who use their phoglights in rain and sun remember to turn them on for the purpose they are designed for?

Call back later to get the results....

cq

7 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hi there craziequeen...
Going to the Birthday Dinner..is that right? I'm here from Michele this morning, but would have come anyway...That phog sounds treacherous!! Drive v-e-r-y carefully and have a smashing...(oops) time! And I mean at the Aginoths...(lol)

craziequeen said...

hi, ool

we always do. Something clicked early on in our acquaintance and I love them dearly :-)

Yup, dinner at a posh restaurant :-) I don't get to go to posh restaurants much.

Phog is just now swallowing up the trees about 20ft from our house...
But I am optimistic, 'cos we live in an estuary dip and it's always worse around here...

cq

LeLo said...

Who knew Michelle's meet'n'greet would bring me to so many great blogs? Stay warm over there, and drive carefully!

Jennifer said...

I never remember to use things for their actual, intended purpose. 'Cause I like to do things the hard way, I suppose. :-)

Stay warm! And Michele sent me, too...

Jennifer
Open Book

MaR said...

Too bad you cannot wear that posh midnight blue velvet dress :( Have to wait to see a pic of it then. I am lost without a hair drier! I own three... just in case. Drive carefully and enjoy the evening!

craziequeen said...

lelo - oh, don't worry, I intend to - nothing worse than being chilly! :-(

Jennifer - have we met at Teh Blogfather's place?
And it is a woman's prerogative to use anything for any purpose :-)

cq

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read » »