2. It's the brainchild of one of our many local councils to encourage people to use 'sustainable', or green, transport during June, dangling the lure of lots of prizes!
3. I am a JamBuster, as I am using the bus.
4. I am also intending to use the bus when my car is fixed (I hasten to add!)
5. Ah, the British Bus.....no colourful red doubledeckers here, my bus service uses the oldest crappiest buses on the road.
6. In fact, the entire fleet was taken off the road a couple of years ago when loads failed roadside safety checks :-O
7. It's expensive - I did some simple math........£3.50 return a day, that's £17.50 a week, X 4.5 (weeks in a month) comes to £78.75 a month. I can fill my car twice over for that, and a month of commuting only takes half a tank. So the bus costs about 4X as much as my car!
8. I bought a ten-journey ticket. Did I get a saving for that? Nope!
9. Today I decided to try and use the hour+ journey to do some study.....I read until I was ready to puke.......won't do that again!
10. My current evening driver is not the regular driver, and he is excruciatingly slow.....I'm tempted to ask if he wants us to push!
11. Jambusters has really taken off at work with over 150 people signing up for sustainable transport - lots of them walking or cycling for the first time. Sounds good until you remember we have 7,000 people on our site!
12. I'm sticking with it, but am refusing pointblank to go to Birmingham next week on public transport!
13. The thing I hate most.......? Standing at a bus stop watching people sail past in their lovely comfy cars........[bitter smile]
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants