Friday, September 15, 2006

Friday Friendship


Last night I went out with two of my dearest friends, cyberkitten and rca. rca has moved to London so we won't see her much now until we all go away to Cornwall. We went to dinner and chatted for ages, then headed off for a few games of ten pin bowling.


We couldn't resist 3 games for £9 each, so we embarked on a triple bill thriller.

rca won the first one (I think it was a landslide), ck won the second one (made three figures!) and guess what? I won the last one (just squeaked through by 2 points from ck).

We are three very different people, each with their own interests and strong characters - bound only by a deep friendship for each other. Casual hugs, squeezes of hands - wordless gestures of comradeship. And we managed to come away from the evening evenly matched.......

Nothing better than spending time with one's friends......

cq

6 comments:

Paste said...

My Mum always says - 'make new friends for they are siver, but keep the old for they are gold' or something like that but you get the picture. My best friends are three guys I met in 09/67, yes first term at senior school.

By the way I guess that you are not regular bowlers!

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

That is nice to have time to spend with your friends. I wish I could do too without thinking of people at home. My 1st grandson has taken almost all my leisure time.
Have a nice weekend.

Unknown said...

I agree craziequeen - friends are the greatest.

CyberKitten said...

We are FAR from regular bowlers... [chuckle] though I was having a particularly erratic evening....

At least that's my excuse!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

So true, so true, CQ....It sounds like a wonderful evwning including everyone winning one game! Only fair.(lol)

Unknown said...

AAAHHHHHHH

Apologies for intermittent contact - still no internet at home as mentioned.

just a month to the holiday

And you can come visit any time I'm actually in London but seem to be spending most my time in other places at the moment!