I saw this on Aginoth's blog and thought it might be interesting.
1. Real or fake (tree obviously !!!)
Although we have a nice fake tree in the loft, and having had fake trees for years, I do like to buy a real tree at Christmas. You can't beat a real tree.
2. Do you decorate the outside of your house?
Nope - I have always wanted a nice evergreen wreath for the front door, but each year MB refuses to bang a nail into the door! I also would like a candle bridge, not the traditional one, but one of the new styles - this is one I have my eye on.
3. When do you put the decorations up?
The tree, which is basically the hub of our decoration, goes up the weekend before Christmas. Not having children means there is no pressure to do it early. Having cats means having a minimum of hanging decorations around the house. Also, the late decoration means less time for the animals to destroy it!
4. When do you open your Presents?
Christmas Morning, after breakfast. We clear away and MB sits pointedly looking at the presents :-)
5. What sits on top of your tree?
A star, of course :-)
6. Has it got to be Turkey for Christmas Dinner?
To quote MB, what's Christmas without turkey? Although, as with every other day of the year, I have to cook two versions, one with meat and one without.
7. What time do you get up on Christmas day? What's the earliest you ever got up? About 8. The cats wake us as usual at about 6.30 and then we tend to just doze 'cos it's Christmas! As a child I used to get up early and sneak peeks at my gifts, although we weren't supposed to come downstairs until the first chord of 'Hark the Herald Angels Sing' was played on the piano. My mum found out one year - and let's just say I never cheated again.
8. Have you been Naughty or Nice This Year?
I've tried to be nice, but with my temper sometimes it can be difficult! :-O
9. Have you written your Letter to Santa Yet?
Nope, we communicate on a Higher Level of consciousness :-) and Amazon helps!
10. What will you ask Santa for this year?
I'd like Peace of Mind, other than that, as long as my friends and family are loved and comfortable, that about does it :o)
11. Should Santa be encouraged to Drink and Drive by being left out a glass of Brandy or similar?
Absolutely not... Milk and Cookies is good for Santa!! :-) And no self-respecting reindeer likes their santa to be DWI!
12. If you could be anywhere with anyone at Christmas where and who would it be?
As I grew up I hated Christmas (alcohol fuelled arguments, sullen siblings and the most incredible rows), but now I like spending them with the MB, watching a junky movie - with the Crazie Christmas to look forward to. But, just once, I'd like to spend it with Boo, curled up on a sofa reading or playing with her toys.