Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sober as a Queen

As the only sober blogger there last night I feel it is my duty to recount the tales of the evening :-)

Mrs Aginoth's birthday party - now all the blogs are in - full links :-)



Mrs A's account here: Morning After

Mr A's here : Morning After

rca's first ever 'blog' here: so this is rca

and Sister S's first attempt here: guest-huh-blog

A long overdue opportunity for our good juggling mother to shake off her shackles of maternity and be young and carefree.

Nanny A arrived to babysit. We all set out to the restaurant; rca, Mr A and I driving as it was too cold for rca to walk - not complaining as I thought it was freezing myself! although finding parking in Weston on a Saturday night at 8pm was hell.
We arrived at the restaurant, who were expecting 8, and so were somewhat caught on the hop when 9 arrived. As I was the last in, I got the gloryseat - between Mrs A and Sister S.
The food looked scrummy, although being a *Posh* restaurant they only had one veggie option and that was pasta with goat's cheese. I asked for an omelette, which sent the waitress into a tailspin, and ended up having the pasta with a different kind of cheese (ricotta I think, not a favourite, but not barf-making like goat's cheese!). In all I had the tomato and onion soup (nice), the pasta with all the veg (nice) and a Pot Au Chocolate (most nice!).

Then Aginoth made his first mistake. 'Wine' he said expansively. 'Bottle o' red, bottle o' white and one rose.' (well, it's always good to cover all the bases)
I smirked slightly as I sipped my water. I knew what was coming.

By the time the starters were done, the second order of wine arrived. You couldn't see the table for glasses and bottles :-)
Brother S was by then very ill, see Mr A's blog, and his fiance K did a sterling job of looking after him. Sister S (on my right) then decided I should experience French kissing with a tongue stud. Well, I've made it to 41 without that particular experience, so I refused gently.
Sister S found a nice young man at another table to chat up and she and Mrs A spent most of the evening discussing his merits, while Mr A kept prodding Brother S (I have photos!) to ensure he was breathing.
rca drank enough to make her happy and carefree, which is nice to see (I admit, I have a soft spot for rca!) and us three sober participants looked on in semi-stunned disbelief.
Stories and reminisces abounded wonderfully all evening, and at times I regretted sitting between Mrs A and her favourite sister. Me and Mr A occasionally exchanged raised eyebrows and wry grins.
Once Brother S had thrown up in spectacular style outside the restaurant (not wholly his fault, having very little liver function will do that!), Sister S molested rca (much fun was had with that!) and having fought off another tongue stud attempt on my lips, I settled back with my Pot Au Chocolate with Kahlua (the only alcohol that passed my lips all night [polishes halo]) and let the drinkers get on with it.

One stolen glass of wine and an argument later, I decided it was time to 'go back and see how Nanny A was coping with a poorly LMD' (ie run away!! [wink]). So I piled rca into the car and headed back.
Fifteen minutes of glorious peace with LMD, Nanny A and rca followed before the gang came home. Friend C made his farewells and left. I allowed rca (guarded) access to my blog and Mrs A let Sister S loose on hers! I think I got the good end of the deal! :-)
We broke out the port and the chocolate cake (Brother S missed the cake as he was unconscious on the floor!) and the party continued.

Midnight came and I really had to break up the fun, despite rca's demands for Trivial Pursuit (I always win anyway!). After gently pointing out to my darling tipsy girly that it was midnight and Triv took hours to play, we agreed it probably was time to go home. Also, me being the driver had some sway!

Delivered a happily tipsy rca to her house, and a contentedly sober sleepypete to his and arrived home at 1am. Tired, sober and very, very happy. Aginoths will do that!

Wonderful party, Aginoths! Sister S is always good for the money and next time Brother S should stay awake longer! Fiance K can come again (she's nice!) and I'm sure Friend C will talk to you all again - eventually! :-)
[blows kisses to everyone - yes even Sister S!]

Actually, we have agreed that next time I will babysit and Nanny A can shake off her shackles and be carefree on a girly night out! :-)

[wanders off to find USB cable for phone]

cq


22 comments:

Aginoth said...

Yawn...Morning

1 party so many blogs...

MaR said...

Well, what a bday party! I just love the way you described the events LOL, it is so much fun to have different versions of the very same bday party. Do you have an English word for blog zapping??

craziequeen said...

[yawn] morning Aginoth.....I know :-) sad, really.....but should keep the blogtroops entertained...

mar - only if you tell me what it is :-) morning my dear....

cq

MaR said...

We refer to zapping (even in Spanish!) when changing tv channels with the remote control. That applied to blogs...

MaR said...

Not surfing, I was thinking of a funny word for switching to the blogs making reference to THE bday party. Oh, well. Show business was never meant for me :D Have a nice sunday!

craziequeen said...

I think blog-zapping is an excellent phrase, mar :-)

I don't think we have a phrase for switching from blog to blog.

blog-zapping it is :-)

have a nice Sunday yourself. honey.

cq

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Well...'A Bumpy Night' was had by all! It does sound like fun, except...except....the throwing-up part..Thank God he didn't do that AT the table....

I want some of that chocolate that you mentioned!!!

I hope Mrs. A was happy with her Biryhday Celebration...

And thanks for giving a blow by blow..(excuse the expression..) lol

Juggling Mother said...

Morning Cq. No hang over *grin*. my blogs up for your delight. Sis hasn't appeared yet!

I had a lovely time - hope I haven't irredeemable ruined my standing with C!

Michele sent me apparently

craziequeen said...

Nah, he'll be back :-) Although it might be another 18months!

but hang on - I'm well brought up and well behaved....... and I coped.....perhaps it was the whole 'being Candian' thing :-)

cq

The June Cleaver Diaries said...

I want a birthday party like that! Minus the tongue stud, of course.

craziequeen said...

come on over, martha - I'm sure the Aginoth's would love to do it all over again - with wine, of course ;-)

cq

Jean-Luc Picard said...

You do appear to have remembered everything that happened, though.

craziequeen said...

Hi jl - the curse of being the designated driver :-(

Can't wait for Nanny A to log on and give us her account of the returning ne'erdowells! :-0

cq

CarpeDM said...

Hmm. I am intrigued by the french kissing with a tongue stud. Perhaps I can attack the one person I know who has one. I do my practice flirting on him so maybe he will be amenable.

Sounds like you guys all had a great time!

David Edward said...

what a riot! glad to read this sodden tale and so glad a sober man was there to capture it

craziequeen said...

I'm a girl......[sob]

I am - I'm a girl.....

honest.......

cq

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Michele sent me this morning! Still love your accounting of the Birthday Dinner!

ribbiticus said...

oh to have been a fly on the wall! what tales of ribaldry were missed out on, i wonder...:)

craziequeen said...

well, I purposely didn't recount all the tales of past boyfriends - or Mr and Mrs A's history.....or exactly what kind of pass Sis S made at rca [because I'm tactful...]

but it's always good ammunition.

cq

Juggling Mother said...

There's no point being tactful with sis S. The concept is completely alien to her *grin*

OldLady Of The Hills said...

Hey There..
Michele sent me this time..
Thanks for stopping by my blog...I was actually about 5 or 6 in the photo you referred to...the one by the railing...
I still love your description of the Birthday Bash!!!

Anonymous said...

Looking for information and found it at this great site... chrysler neon Virtual host flash Bpcc baseball motorized wheelchairs Repair manuals for whirlpool dryers She got sex